Thursday, December 4, 2008

Snow Trip

Jason and I went to Illinois for Thanksgiving this year. We went back to Illinois once when we were dating for thanksgiving, spent two with my family, and two in Arizona. We added it up- and we are all tied for Thanksgiving obligations as of now... Christmas is a little different story. Having worked in retail for the last 5 holiday seasons- I didn't get enough time off to travel anywhere during the "busiest shopping season", so with a new liberating career, we hope to visit more often!

We arrived Thursday at 11am, in Peoria, about an hour from Fareberry (sp?) where Jason's great Grandmas house is. She passed away this summer, and we weren't able to get back for her funeral- the family decided to keep things in her house just as they were, so we could all get together for one last Thanksgiving meal there. After lunch all the great grand kids were given sheets of paper and told to look through the house and garage (where some things had been moved) and write down things they wanted- and then the kids would decide if two people wanted the same thing. Luckily this was a painless process. No fighting, no bickering, only understanding and family!
Jason found some tools his great grandpa had used,(who passed away before I met Jason) I found some Christmas towels and lights! We were given a quilt she had made before she passed, and one hand made with butterflies on it- we thought that it would be perfect for a little girls room someday.
We filled a large suitcase 75 pounds full. I was a little nervous about the $$$ to get it back. Before we set it on the scale, I told the lady, we inherited a few things from Jason's great grandma, and that it really meant alot to be able to have these things, but that the bag was heavier than the 50 pound limit. She had us put it on the scale, and she shook her head, this would cost over $50 to take back, but are you just taking it home? We said yes, and she said then I'll over look it! Praise Jesus for nice people in the airline industry! (ALLEGIANTAIR.COM)

2 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Yay for Allegiant Air!!! =)

Tiffanie said...

That is so awesome!! Go Allegiant! I'm glad that the process was painless- that can be such a tense time. I'm a lil nervous that I will have to deal with that sometime soon. My grandma is in the hospital again for the second time of her kidneys stopping. Hmm..