In Isaiah 6 where Isaiah sees God's face and say "I'm as good as dead... I've looked God in the face!"
Then a Seraph touches a live coal to his mouth saying "Gone your guilt, your sins wiped out."
Then the famous part...
The master: "Whom shall I send? who will go for us?" I spoke up, "I'll go send me!"
Some of this I am stealing straight from my devotional (SOLO)
The mouth is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. What in my spiritual life would be categorized as sensitive areas that would hurt deeply at the touch of God.
PRIDE... I know that pride goes before a fall- but I've got my self up on this "can't touch this" pedestal that makes me believe I'm invincible.
The catch in all this is how Isaiah was only willing to GO after he had been seer ed of this sin.
Can I invite God whole heartedly to burn the pride out of my heart so that I can serve him more effectively.
And if I do, where will he send me? Will I be so willing? Can my heart be so totally devoted to God that I won't look back?
"Anyone who comes to me but refuses to let go of father, mother, spouse, children, brothers, sisters- yes, even one's own self! - can't be my disciple." Luke 14:26 msg
Can I let go? Can I let go of control? Can I follow Christ whole heartedly, without abandon?
Just some things that really made me think- if I let go and let God (sorry for the cliche) where will He lead me? I think that frightens me more than anything...
Humbly learning to Trust, and fully depend on God!
No comments:
Post a Comment