Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One foot in front of the other

Some of you may recognize the title as the heading of my facebook page. I went back to work today, and it was ok.
I cried a couple times, but better than expected. (((( speaking of which=- anyone who knows me... knows that I don't really cry. Its not my thing. I'm the strong one. I'm the one who laughs at sappy moments in movies and who chokes them down when tears threaten to breach the perimeter of my eyes)))
I got real teary eyed when my boss asked how I was. I had barely been at work for 20 minutes- and I was already teary eyed. I had tears flowing when I had to tell a customer I was doing better from my accident- when I knew it was a lie. I had a few tears when I chatted with the insurance rep when they said the Durango was totaled. I was an open floodgate when the lady from our local state farm agency talked to me about her miscarriage and how sorry she was. She was super sweet and was very sincere with her remorse. 
My good friend Elizabeth came by this evening to keep me company while Jas was at Quest. It is nice to have outside perspective and to share heartache and tears with someone close.

I guess I just felt like sharing my day... the day after.  It's a move forward. It's a step in the right direction. HECK- I got out of bed its a GREAT DAY! 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is the best way to go - share your days with us and we'll be here to support you with comments and prayers. I'm sorry work was so rough today. Let me know if you need anything. Love, Danielle

Kristal Sawyer said...

Love you so much...wish I could be there to hug you, cry with you...